Elder Scott Weber's mission to Madagascar. Check back for weekly emails and pictures of Madagascar!

Alma 26:12 - Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

Thursday, September 12, 2013

TRAINING PROGRAM COMPLETION NEAR - written 9/9/2013



Guess what? If you couldn't guess my training program is really close to completion! This Sunday I will be finished with the 12th week. So on Sunday there will be transfer news and it is possible that my companion will be going far far away on Judeas plains. He has been in my area for 7 months now, and he has been in Tana for about a year. The way the mission works is generally you dont get stuck in Tana for more than a year without going out to province. There is no rule to that, but that is kinda just how it works. So we can pretty much assume that by next July I will have probably been to province at least once. Most people see two provinces on their mission, so we will see what is held in my future. And generally at least one is a beach province. Some people are luckier and see like 2 beach provinces. President Adams from what I understand has been having missionaries stay longer in each area and so I may only see like 4 or 5 areas my whole mission. 

Anyways. This week was good. Pretty normal, teaching, working, teaching, studying, the normal. We currently have 10 progressing investigators. Two have bap dates on October 12th, which is a great day anyways. And then we have a family of 6 (only 5 investigators because one is too young), And some others as well.

This Sunday we had 86 people at church for our branch which was really good because that is the most that my comp has seen here in his 7 months of working Ankadindramamy. 

This morning we headed out to 67 HA because my companion bought the lamba (cloth) for his suit that he is going to get made. All said and done with all of the materials for a nice suit it cost 35,000AR which I will do the math for all of you, is $17.50. That is for all of the materials and he is going to be getting it put together for free because there is a member in my area that does it for free for missionaries. I am planning on getting a suit made sometime in my mission, hopefully once I lose some weight. Maybe two depending on things, because you can get pretty dang good quality for pretty dang cheap here.

So interesting thing right now. Rainy season is coming. Supposedly rainy season starts in October and then continues for about 3 weeks. I have heard so much about rainy season. Supposedly this is the idea. Imagine turning on the bathtub. Now take that water flow and imagine it coming from the sky. Supposedly Malagasies can feel the rain coming, and when they feel it coming, you will see malagasies running home as fast as they can. Things supposedly flood pretty bad. And Pretty bad as in above your waist line. I have been discussing with members in my area and they say that it doesnt get bad in this specific area, but I will see and be the judge of that in a few weeks. 

Well that is about all that I could think of for this week and that is a pretty decently long letter. 

Until next week! Next week I will have Transfer news!!!!!!

Yours Truly, with love, and joy, and happiness, Mazotoa sy Veloma.
Elder Weber

Mazotoa - Be dilligent
Veloma - Goodbye

No comments:

Post a Comment