Elder Scott Weber's mission to Madagascar. Check back for weekly emails and pictures of Madagascar!

Alma 26:12 - Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

April showers

4/7/2014 Letter



Actually quite the opposite, the rain has pretty much stopped here with only an occasional rain. We are starting to enter the dry winter here in Madagascar.

Yesterday we had the opportunity to have our branch conference which was extremely well attended. The theme of the meeting was member missionary work. We also had a focus on the priesthood. Presiding at the meeting was President Jacqot, first counselor in the mission presidency. Also attending was the entire district presidency and also the branch presidency. We had an attendance of 217 people. Which is a lot saying that we normally average about 147 for sacrament meeting attendance. We were extremely happy and thought that the conference was a success for all those attending. 

Other than that this week was a fairly normal week. Working hard, saving souls, you know, the normal. We do not have any baptisms coming up this month, due to lots of problems with marriage and divorces, but we have a lot of strong investigators. We are working really hard?

The District has started a program this month that from now until the 3rd of May that every branch missionary has to bring at least one new investigator to church and to be taught by the missionaries. Since we have more than 15 branch missionaries, we are looking to receive at least 15 new investigators, but we shall see. 

The branch is doing so incredibly well, and I love the work here. I told President Adams today in my letter to him, that I would be perfectly happy serving here for the rest of my mission. I LOVE this area and this area is making so much progress. I feel like I am really making a difference here.

Anyways, I don't really have anything else to say, I don't know what I should talk about anymore.

Keep on keeping on.

Elder Weber

No comments:

Post a Comment