Elder Scott Weber's mission to Madagascar. Check back for weekly emails and pictures of Madagascar!

Alma 26:12 - Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

Sunday, August 24, 2014

TRANSFERS!!



Aug 18 Letter

Guess what!!! Im going back to Fort Dauphin!!!
Just kidding. I am staying here in Ambohimanarina. I will be receiving a new companion, named Elder Huata. He is from Tahiti. He is just a little bit younger than my group. But these days almost everyone is younger than my group. I will be sad to see Elder Fisher go. He will be going to Fort Dauphin! Its going to be sad also because we are going down to single zone leaders. Therefore I will be the zone leader for the Tana North Zone which now totals 23 missionaries and may possibly grow larger next transfer. On Wednesday we will be welcoming a new 14 missionaries and then in another 6 weeks another 15. THIS IS CRAZY!!! That may not sound like a lot, but it is. Here in Madagascar today we probably have about 71 missionaries if I am counting correctly. But 8 of those are going home. So we have like 63 missionaries (7 of which just came 6 weeks ago) and we are getting another 29 in a short amount of time.
So getting a lot of people means a crazy transfer week. So the APs sent us a large file that has individual directions for every missionary in Mada about where to go, what to do, all coordinated out. To add to the craziness of the week, this Saturday we have a zone conference with Elder Hamilton of the Seventy. He is conducting a mission tour.
So our new church building is nearing completion and is doing very well. The work is going extremely well. We are workin hard and may see 10 baptisms in the month of September, and hopefully some more in the month of October.
So the US embassy is really nice, but a couple weeks ago we had a funny experience. We were behind the embassy working, and alarms started going off. A large recorded voice started saying and repeating, "DUCK AND COVER!! GET AWAY FROM THE WINDOWS!! AND WAIT FOR FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS!!" We thought it was a little funny. Plus we were on the outside of the embassy, but nothing was going on. And then later a person got on, telling everyone to ignore the alarm, it was broken. We thought it was pretty funny!
Being on a mission is awesome!! Even though the time is flyin, I am enjoying the mission. Two years is such a short amount of time! It will feel like tomorrow that I come home!
Norbert and fam are doing well. We had President and Sister Adams over on Saturday night for a lesson and it went really well! The only headache is when talking in three languages, things get confusing pretty fast. English french and Malagasy. Headache I tell you, headache! It is so hard to keep everything straight when things are in so many languages.
Also it is interesting being here in Madagascar! It is just so different, but so cool! The differences are fascinating!!
The Lord blesses those that serve! And I am being blessed beyond belief! I love the mission and I love the Lord!!

Elder Weber

No comments:

Post a Comment