Elder Scott Weber's mission to Madagascar. Check back for weekly emails and pictures of Madagascar!

Alma 26:12 - Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

Sunday, January 26, 2014

Another fantastic week in Mahazoarivo



Letter from January 13, 2014 (Posted Late)
It has been a great week here in Mahazoarivo.

The start to last week was a little slow, with not very many times on Monday through Wednesday. Tuesday we had to help take a sick member to the hospital. And I realized when we went just how bad the hospitals are here in Madagascar. When they admitted her, she ended up in a small room that had 3 or 4 beds, and that was it. No instruments, no heart monitors, no beeping things, just beds. It was kinda a sad thing to see. And I am sure the medications that they actually have access to, are very limited. It is really hard to see.
 Mom Note: Times is shorthand for teaching appointments.

Wednesday,we had english class, and also helped to build some shelves in the church building. But lessons wise, we came out with a loss. 

Thursday was a good day. We had a great district meeting, and then we successfully had a great day teaching 7 times. We started teaching some new investigators that are really awesome!! We had some great member help that day which was fantastic. They really helped to answer a lot of questions that were brought up in the lessons. 

Friday was another great day teaching a lot of times. We had a wonderful day.

Saturday, I did a split in Andranomanelatra, where I did a whole slew of bap interviews for them. We had some great food at the Branch President's house, and we had a lot of fun out in that area. I have gotten to know a lot of people in that area, and it is great to occasionally go out there and see them all. That was a great day!

Sunday, had a great day at church, with 28 investigators and a great day. I was then asked by the zone leaders to help do some bap interviews for the other district's district leader, because there were a lot to get done. That went well as well. Then we had a great day of teaching and had a member soiree that evening where for the first time in my life, I ate..... Rabbit. It wasnt superb, because it had the skin and fat and all. But it was definitely an experience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment