Elder Scott Weber's mission to Madagascar. Check back for weekly emails and pictures of Madagascar!

Alma 26:12 - Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

Thursday, February 5, 2015

February

Feb 2, 2015 Letter

Another month done. Time is really starting to kick into gear. And this upcoming transfer is going to fly by as well! Thats just part of life.

So this last week we were rather busy and we had OLC and MLC and ran to the airport to pick up a suitcase, and ran to the Antsirabe bus stop, and planned transfers, and taught a few lessons, and went on splits in Ambohimanarina. Norbert got married, threw a party, and more. So it was rather busy, and now it is transfers again. So this week is going to be full of running to the airport, and to the bus stops, and back to the airport, and more bus stops, and dinners, and lunches, and lots of normal craziness. That is what we do here, and so I am used to it. And now it is offical and I can tell everyone that I didnt get transfered and will be here another 6 weeks. And everyone knows that in 6 weeks I will be leaving the office. The reason they know that is because I will have been here for 6 months, and also I cannot stay because if I stay then Elder Payne and I would finish together and then they would have to white-wash the APs. Thats not going to happen, so everyone recongizes that I will be leaving in 6 weeks. But I don't have to wait 6 weeks to find out where I am going. I will get to know that one a lot sooner. :) 

But Norbert suprised his wife by marrying here. Yes I understand how weird that sounds, but it happened. He had her brother pick her up from work and bring her to the Commune, and then she walked into the office and Norbert and the offical person were standing there. And then they did a small marriage cerimony. So there was only like 8 people in attendance. She was so happy, because she had been pressuring him to do it for such a long time. She really wanted it, and so eventually he just did it, without all the pomp that he wanted. So it was a good thing. And then they threw a party with all of the family in the evening. Very fancy, very expensive party. 

OLC and MLC did well this week. We talked about some really good things. Everyone is doing pretty well. So hopefully as time goes on, everything keeps improving. Thats what we are hoping for at least. The new President has been announced for a while, but I don't think I ever told you about him. President Foote is his name, he is on the younger side. 54 years old, and he is from Reno! So that change will be heading this way in July. Long after I am not here anymore.

Good week. We also went to buy things to outfit some malagasy missionaries that do not have enough clothes and things to last a mission, so we are working on helping them out.

This week is going to be fun, I am excited for the food, It has been a while.

Until next week.
Dont count the weeks, its kinda scary how few are left. 
Elder Weber 


NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment