Elder Scott Weber's mission to Madagascar. Check back for weekly emails and pictures of Madagascar!

Alma 26:12 - Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Adventures of Madagascar



Hello All!!
This week was good in terms of work. We accomplished a lot and saw some improvements in our area, we are hoping for some baptisms here in a little bit. We have one planned for August 31st, and that is for a part member family and the husband will be doing the baptism, and we are hoping to give this awesome family a date in October, but.... the father currently smokes about 20 cigarettes a day, and it is going to be hard for him to quit. He loves the teachings, he loves church, and he embraces all of it, except for the Word of Wisdom, he is still hesitant, even though he has admitted that smoking is not good for him, but he is trying to rationalize it out in his head.
Today for P-Day we traveled to 67 HA (as pronounced here, Soixante Sept) and bought kravaties(ties) because they are so so so so so cheap. I purchased 7 ties today for a whole total of 3500 ariary, which is 500 ariary a piece, or 25 cents. Some of them are pretty good quality as well. See attached picture.
Here is the thing about Soixante Sept. Antananarivo is one of the dirtiest cities in the world. The number I keep hearing is the 2nd dirtiest city. I have also heard that the number one city doesn't have missionaries, making Tana the dirtiest city in which missionaries are. Soixante Sept is the dirtiest area in Tana, and therefore absolutely filthy. Attached is a picture or two of a river in 67 HA. This is not even the worst river, and the smell almost killed me. It is rather dirty. I have pretty much decided that there is nothing that will phase me when I return to the US.
Looking forward to another awesome week. Just for information, transfers came and went last week without any changes for me, which was a given, on the September transfer, we are almost 100 percent sure that my companion will be transferred and then I will stay in Ankadindramamy until either end of October of December, at which point, who knows.
Elder Weber

No comments:

Post a Comment