Elder Scott Weber's mission to Madagascar. Check back for weekly emails and pictures of Madagascar!

Alma 26:12 - Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

Monday, August 5, 2013

Pictures and letter

Mom note: Elder Weber sent pictures with comments and a few disjointed comments in between. Have fun :) This is the guidance I received:


Letter is just going to be stories about the pics. Feel free to splice them however you want together :)

Elder Weber





1) Funny story. So we have an okay apartment but the down side is that the electricity is way bad!! So we have had most of the outlets stop working, and so the church got them all fixed because our Tompo Trano (landlord) isnt on top of things and we need outlets. The fixed them all and then the other week one blew out again, this time with a fireball, and then we had another one fireball which cut the power in the washer, dryer, and water heater. And that was out from friday until just now. I had clothes in the washer and so I had to finish them malagasy style in the shower. Not very fun. 



2) We went to a croc farm today!! This is an awesome animal I forgot the name of. But isn't it cute?? :)
 Mom note:Personally, it looks kind of mean to me.



3) So the skyscraper is typical Malagasy. They started building it, ran out of money, so it was never finished and is empty and now old and decrepit. 



Here are pictures from the croc farm.

The croc farm was a lot of fun today they had croc of all sizes and other animals as well. They had fosa's, yes the fosa's that are talked about in the movie, and they are a little intimidating. Small, but fierce. 





I ate some crocodile today which was way good. On the way back from the croc farm, we hitchhiked and got a good deal cramped in the back of this little car thing. Thats the picture you see. Way bumpy and stuff, but I also got some good pictures today of some scenery; but it should probably have to wait until next week.

We went to little America today as well which is a shopping mall that could exist in the US. Way nice, all high-end stores and has a food court and way nice. 

I need to go for the week. 

Lots of love!!!

Elder Weber



No comments:

Post a Comment