Elder Scott Weber's mission to Madagascar. Check back for weekly emails and pictures of Madagascar!

Alma 26:12 - Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

Sunday, August 25, 2013

Short Email Today (8/19/2013 email)



Todays email will be rather short, because I don't have much to say and my companion is not feeling very well so I am trying to keep things short.
I really have no ideas of what to talk about today. I think I will talk about some crazy things I have seen.
#1 - I have been in country for about 8 weeks and I have already seen 4 dead dogs in the streets. Sad I know.... People here hate dogs, people are really mean and kick dogs and throw things at them. But the also do that with most animals.
#2 - Last week I saw this man and woman start yelling at each other in the middle of the street and then they started fighting. We kinda broke it up, but we didnt have to do much.
#3 - I really cant think of too much, I am sure that there is a lot of stuff that if you saw you would be crazied about, but I cant really think of anything pretty much because I am so used to it.
This week I made Cinnamon rolls, and they were very good. I am attaching pictures and you should make sure that Sister ¨Pusey seems them. They tasted good I was very impressed.
Well that is all.
Elder Weber

Mom note: In my email to Scott, I mentioned being frustrated about trying to fill out a referral form for a woman that I met on a business trip.  His response was interesting. Also, I asked about the family they are teaching with the Dad who is having a hard time with smoking.  Here is his response to these questions and comments:





Sorry about the form on mormon.org You should be able to chat with the missionaries online and I am sure that they could help you. Their whole mission is sitting online. They do it from the MTC and most of them are handicapped so it is a good mission for them. In the MTC they told us that they lead the world in Baptisms, because of all the work and referrals that go through them.
R... has really started working on the cigarettes, he has come a long ways already and he has decided that it really is bad and that he needs to stop. His whole family is being his support system which is great! I will check on the package address for you. This next transfer I am about 95 percent sure I will be staying in the same area, which means I will be here until at least the end of October or middle of December. They are 6 weeks apart, but sometimes there is funny business too, but count on the 6 weeks. September 15th is the day that transfer calls come out and the transfers happen all week long. Then Oct 27 and then Dec 8.

No comments:

Post a Comment