Elder Scott Weber's mission to Madagascar. Check back for weekly emails and pictures of Madagascar!

Alma 26:12 - Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

The week you hit half a year

Letter from 11/11/2013



It is weird to think that this week I hit half a year on a mission. That means that I am this week 1/4 of the way through my mission. I must admit at the beginning of the mission I felt like two years was going to feel like forever, and I wasnt sure how I was going to make it that long. But now it is obvious. I am 1/4 done, and it feels like time has flown. Missionaries all say, that the first year goes by really slow, and then the second flies by. I am worried because if this is slow, I am afraid to see what fast feels like. I have been working with Elder Bowler now for I think 7 weeks, and its crazy to think about, because we feel like it has just started.
Transfers are coming up on the 11th of December, which I think is far away, but it is actually really really close. It will not be too long at all before that transfer. When you are busy, time flies. This week we taught an incredible 35 times, including doing some splits. We have been doing splits with members. One of which is Ando! He is way cool and loves to help us always. His dad told him, that he has to do something productive when he is not going to school. His dad siad, "You cant go wandering, you should be preaching the gospel." So he tries to help us a lot when he is not t school. Also today we are going to his house and he is going to teach us how to make some great delicious bread. I am really excited. He is way cool!!
This week we had 11 investigators come to church, which is incredible! We also have 16 bap dates between now through Jan 25. This area is looking really well, and we are hoping that this ward will explode here very soon.
So a quick story from this week:
We started teaching these great people who are excited about the church. They have family that are members down in Antsirabe, and they ran into the missionaries in a different part of Tana. We got the info from them and started teaching them, and they even came to church this Sunday!! We are really excited for their family and they are way excited to  learn fona.
Have a great week!
Elder Weber

No comments:

Post a Comment