Elder Scott Weber's mission to Madagascar. Check back for weekly emails and pictures of Madagascar!

Alma 26:12 - Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

Monday, November 24, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving!

Nov 24 Letter

So another week is done! 

This week was kinda mundane. We spent a lot of time in the office working on getting things ready for the upcoming zone conferences. So that was most of the week. 

We did get a chance to go on a split on Wednesday. That was a lot of fun. I got to work with two great elders in Ampefiloha. We had a good day.

But Tuesday and Thursday we spent in the office. Saturday we also spent mostly in the office.

Friday we attended a child of record baptism, that was really well done, and then there was a big party afterwards. It was a lot of fun and really great! We also got to teach a good recent convert lesson to Medy.

Sunday was the stake conference. We just watched them in our individual buildings with our wards. It was a really good regional stake conference with Elder Robert C Gay, Elder Bednar, one of the Primary presidency sisters, and President Uchtdorf presiding. 

So Saturday during the day we chased a rat around our office, trying to find and kill him. He has been here for a while and they had set out poison for him, but he was still around. So we were tracking him and we found him but then we lost him in some cupboards. But we had noticed that he was shaking and not moving very well, so we concluded that the poison had gotten to him and that he was soon to die. So we left him, and then on Sunday we had to search for him again, because we were pretty sure he was dead, and we didnt want him stinking. So we had to find him. Well, we found him and that was good. He was decent sized. He wasnt like the giant ones that run around the gutters outside, but they were good sized. The ones outside that run in the gutters are like the size of most cats. 

So since we are talking about rats, several people have written me about the bubonic plague that is going around in Madagascar. We are aware and we are taking precautions to keep ourselves healthy. So dont worry 'bout us, we're doing alright.

So this week really does not have much to report on. This morning the missionaries got together and played a turkey bowl. Obviously I wasnt allowed to play, but I enjoyed watching and hanging out with the other missionaries.  Mom note: Elder Weber told me last week that after moving luggage around for transfers, his back started acting up, so he is on physical restrictions.

So I am really sorry for the weak email, because I really don't have much to say. But I will say this. From now until Christmas, life is going to be getting a little crazy, and by a little I mean, there are about 1832 Km of driving in store for us. ROAD TRIPS! And that is all before the 13th of December. And 6 zone conferences, and lots of other things. This week was the calm before the storm and the storm is going to be a little crazy. So this week we will be going out to Tamatave, and then we will be back again. So you can look forward to my report on Tamatave next week!

Until next week!

Elder Weber 

No comments:

Post a Comment