Elder Scott Weber's mission to Madagascar. Check back for weekly emails and pictures of Madagascar!

Alma 26:12 - Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

Wednesday, December 25, 2013

A Merry Christmas to All!!



I wish you all a very Merry and joyful Christmas. filled with peace, joy, love, and happiness!

And from here in Madagascar, I wish you all a warm Christmas.

So first things first. I actually dont know what is first.

This new branche is amazing. The members are just absolutely wonderful and I am excited to work here. The work is going well here, and we have been getting a lot of new contacts from members. We are excited to continue the work to help Antsirabe become a stake. The goal seems to be that it can be a stake within the next year. 

Tomorrow we have a branch activity for Christmas and it should be absolutely great. It is acutally combined between the three branches here in Antsirabe. There are a few outlying branches as well. But the three that meet in the same building are having a combined party. It is going to be great and there has been a lot of planning for it. This week I am a little crunched for time, but I will try and send a bunch of videos next week. They have a great idea though here. Each branch is providing rice and sausage to every family in the branches and most of the investigators as well, that way no one starves on Christmas, but everyone will have food to eat. I think it is a really nice idea, and I think it is a great use of the branch budgets. The people have been practicing really hard, and I am in a rock band for it tomorrow. There is an electric guitar, an electric bass, an acoustic guitar, and a electric keyboard. Since I dont play guitar or bass, you can guess what they are having me play. It should be a lot of fun! We are playing a bunch of Christmas music.

Tonight we have a zone meeting, followed by a Christmas party at the Todd's house. (That's the senior couple here in Antsirabe)

This week we taught a lot of different times, but I will explain more about people next week. Life is going really well here, and we are excited for all the future holds.

Merry Christmas everyone, and we will talk more on Wednesday!

Elder Weber

 The primary children in Elder Weber's branch.

No comments:

Post a Comment