Elder Scott Weber's mission to Madagascar. Check back for weekly emails and pictures of Madagascar!

Alma 26:12 - Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!!



Happy Valentines day to everyone!! Don't worry, I dont have a valentine this year. 

This week was good and not so good. Great and not so Great! This week had a lot of ups, but also had some downs, I got a little down on Friday, but all in all, doing great!!

Ok, so Monday, we finished P-day, and then we went and taught these way cool investigators. We arent sure yet what their intentions are, but they are way diligent learners. It was raining really hard though so it was hard to hear each other as we taught. After that, we went to a soirree with our Branch President, and as we walked in there were a couple of other ex-missionaries, who we were excited to see! It was also the birthday of our DMB, and so we had a nice surprise for him. EGGS AND FLOUR!! See lots of pictures attached, also the video if I can get it to send!!
 (mom translation - DMB - Directeur Missionaire de Branche or Branch Mission Leader)

On Tuesday, I went out to Andranomanelatra to do some bap interviews for them, it went well and that area is so great!!

Wednesday had a great english class.

Thursday went to Manadona to do some interviews as well, way cool area, very countryside, lots of pictures from there. Cool story, we were trying to find a house, and so at one point we stopped the truck suddenly, because we had past the turn, and Elder Babb was confirming the direction and pointed one direction, where there were some people, and then we backed up to turn on the path. The people started getting a little freaked out and started to walk away, but as we turned to go down the path, they completely freaked out and started sprinting away. Looking at the situation afterwards, we can see why they were a little freaked out.

Friday, we started out by getting dogged by a bunch of times, so we did some contacting, it was pretty hard having a full schedule, but then not teaching much. But we got over it and moved on. 
(Mom translation: "we started out by getting stood-up at a bunch of our appointments.")

Saturday, we ended up having a coordination meeting with all of the branch missionaries, which was wonderful, and then we taught a Preach My Gospel class to those that are interested. The branch is hopefully going to start getting more involved in the process of the missionary work. I believe that we now have about 12-15 branch missionaries to help us with the work.

Sunday was a great day, with a great church meeting, and a good branch council, and a good day of teaching. It was a long day, because I ended up at the hospital doing some translating for the senior couple here in Antsirabe.

Happy Valentines day everyone, and I have a present for you mom and dad. I got some paintings done, three in particular. Two are from the lake, they turned out very nicely, and the last is of the Washington DC temple for you guys, I was very very happy with the way that it turned out. See attached pictures. You will just have to frame it when I get it home. 

Also there are some pictures of my room here, (yes thats a mosquito net) and also the large 40 page area map I made for here in Mahazoarivo. It took a little bit of time, but it is so worth it. Different color marks for Investigators, recent converts, active members, inactive members, and Points of Interests/Landmarks. It is pretty large, but it is way nice to have.

I think that is about all for the week. Up coming this week, we have a zone meeting tonight, which includes Dinner from Sister Todd!!!!!!! Tomorrow we have a random District Leader Council meeting. This is the first time to our knowledge that they have done this, and none of us know what its about, but the meeting is in Tana, but for us District Leaders in the provinces are going to skype in for the meeting tomorrow. Besides those two things, should be a pretty normal week.

God Speed,
Elder Weber

No comments:

Post a Comment