Elder Scott Weber's mission to Madagascar. Check back for weekly emails and pictures of Madagascar!

Alma 26:12 - Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

Thursday, March 6, 2014

Halfway done with Feburary.



Feb 17, 2014 Letter


Another Week finished! It is weird that time here goes so fast. On Saturday my group hit our 9 month mark, meaning that we are getting old so fast. Its also interesting to note that because of the groups, by August, my group will be the second oldest group in the mission. And the group before us is only 4 people. So very soon, my group will be one of the oldest in the mission. 

This week was nothing special, just keeping on keeping on. On Monday we had a nice zone meeting where we discussed some of the things to help Antsirabe grow and become a stake. It was a great meeting with some great food provided by Sister Todd. I am sure that dad will be happy to note that Elder Todd made a joke saying, "well, your dad is an engineer." I guess I know where dad gets those jokes from. 

On Tuesday we had a first ever District Leader Council, where Elder Christiansen and I skyped into a council with President Adams and the district leaders in Tana, and also with the other district leaders across Madagascar and Reunion. We talked a lot about things for the mission and for the missionaries, nothing that I will bore you with here at this time. 

The rest of the week was working bringing souls unto Christ. There were ups and there were downs, there were good days and bad days. As it all must be. Sunday we had a good turnout with 22 investigators at church. We are going to start seeing some of the results from our work here in the next few weeks and months. We have 3 baptisms lined up for the 1st of March, with probably another 6 for the 29th of March, and then hopefully a good number (10 or so) on the 19th of April. We will see though, in relation to the prepardness of them. I feel that some of the ones on the 29th of March might have to be pushed back a little. We are having a lot of problems with Divorces and Vita Soratra right now. I think we have 5 couples that are facing those problems.

Its great to see the little miracles that happen each and every day. It is all about trying to be obedient and working hard and watching the miracles happen. 

We are hoping to have a great upcoming week. Trying to work just a little bit harder and just to see a few more miracles. This branch has set some high goals for the upcoming months, and I think it will be hard to reach a lot of them, but we are going to work hard, and to try and do the things that we can in order to acheive those goals. 

Life is going good, the work is going good, God is good. 

Elder Weber

No comments:

Post a Comment