Elder Scott Weber's mission to Madagascar. Check back for weekly emails and pictures of Madagascar!

Alma 26:12 - Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

Sunday, March 9, 2014

Transfers!



March 3rd Letter
Hello Everybody!!

This week was another good week! The work actually went really really slow, but it was an enjoyable week.

Lets start with the best, most important stuff. We had three baptisms this past Saturday, and it was such a joy to perform the baptisms and to be a part of their conversions. There were three baptisms. Ravao, Claire, and Ithiel.

Ravao - Ravao is a bebe (the meaning being grandmother, or any old woman, its custom just to call them all bebe) of a large member family, there are a bunch of members that are all part of one large family, and she is part of it. She is really funny, and of course is a bebe. So quick funny story about her, we were once reading in the Doctrine and Covenants Section 4 where it talks about the field being ready to harvest, and it wont be funny to you all, but when reading she messed up the words, and said that dinner was ready, and we were all burst out laughing. 

Claire - She is the daughter of Ravao, all of her kids are all already members, she just had to wait a little because of a Word of Wisdom problem with Coffee. But she is now baptized and ready to take on the world.

Ithiel - He had quite an interesting story. He and his family were Seventh-day Adventists. He started learning from the missionaries and decided that he wanted to be baptized. He has been learning for over a year, because he family didnt accept the baptism, but he decided in February that he is 19 and so that he can choose for himself and he chose to be baptized, and I was so happy for him, and was so grateful for the opportunity to baptize him this last Saturday. The Lord is blessing him for his decision to follow the Savior and be baptized in the Lord's true church restored here on Earth.

I know that this church is true beyond a shadow of a doubt, and that Jesus Christ stands as the head of this church and that he is working with us in the Lord's vineyard as described in Jacob Chapter 5. I know that if this church wasnt true, then the work would not progress as it is currently progressing here in Madagascar and across the World. 

Transfers news. Nothing is changing for me, same area, same companion. But so in 6 weeks I will probably be transferred. We shall see. 

Oh and Dad, I think I know where you got some of your mechanical engineering jokes. I have know heard Elder Todd use a lot of them including thats good enough for government work!

Anyways I love you!! Keep up the hard work!! Remember who you are. You are a child of God!

Elder Weber

No comments:

Post a Comment