Elder Scott Weber's mission to Madagascar. Check back for weekly emails and pictures of Madagascar!

Alma 26:12 - Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

Monday, March 31, 2014

Tis the end of March



Another week, another month, man, does time fly.

This week was another great week, as has been every week on my mission.

Transfers are coming around the corner, which is a little scary, because I will not want to leave, which is a very real possibility. 

This week I had the opportunity to go on three splits. The first to Andranomanelatra, the second to Manadona, and the third was in my own area with one of the Zone Leaders, Elder Eppich. They were all very good experiences, but I wont bore you with the details. 

This week is going to be a week of hard work. We are going to work hard to try and push for a large attendance this next Sunday. We will be having branch conference, (yes I know next week is general conference, but not for us, we have to wait until april 26,27) so we would like to have a large attendance for the conference. 

Work is going well, we are not teaching as much as we have been in recent weeks, but we are doing well. We are going to really start trying to help some more people prepare for baptism. we have a lot of really good investigators that have different problems that are delaying their baptisms. So we are trying to help them overcome those variety of problems.

I cant think of much to talk about so ill talk about the pics I am sending today. The first three are from a soiree that the branch holds each Sunday in a varying location for members, investigators, less actives, and everyone to meet together and share a little message and food. Yesterday we had some bread and tea which was really good. Its called veromanitra. It smells and tastes like fruit loops. So good!! 

Also I am sending some souvienor pictures. The first is a t-shirt, no biggie there. The second is a Joseph Smith Wood carving. Yes that is made 100% out of wood. It is incredibly nice. It is one of my favorite souvenirs thus far. And on the bottom it says, "Ary raha misy hianareo try manam-pahendrena, aoka izy hangataka amin'Andriamanitra." Jakoba 1:5 The translation being "If any of ye lack wisdom, let him ask of God." James 1:5

The third souvenir is not mine. A missionary had it made with the seals and logos of the three cities in which he worked. That also is made completely out of wood. That background is a white wood. Zoom in and look at the detail. INCREDIBLE!!

And then the last set of pics is two sunsets and some friends that are members in Manadona, the place of the split on Thursday. 

Keep on the keeping on.

BTW, if anyone is sending a package soon, I realized I would kill for a box of pop-tarts, and some other good quality american stuff. I am working on being healthier though, but an american treat once and a while wouldnt kill me. I am pretty good about when I get junk from America not eating it all at once. But no pressure. Maybe its just my stomach speaking, cause I am pretty dang hungry right now.

Also, if anyone wants any custom paintings done, next week I would need to order them, they really arent that expensive when you think in dollars. Let me know. You can always google for pictures as well. Dad, I'm not sure if you have any from vacations you want done.

Elder Weber


No comments:

Post a Comment