Elder Scott Weber's mission to Madagascar. Check back for weekly emails and pictures of Madagascar!

Alma 26:12 - Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

Thursday, March 6, 2014

God's Wonderful Creations

Feb 24, 2014 Letter

"And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good."

I can testify to that today. This morning we arose early to go out to a wonderful Creation of our father in Heaven. We went to a common tourist place called Lake Tritriva. It is a absolutly stunning lake here near Antsirabe. All of the Elders here in Antsirabe went together this morning. It was stunning. The pictures do not do it any justice. It was so serene. It is in a little crater in the mountain. It was a good experience and we have some good pictures. The only problem is the fact that we are white. So what happened was when we got there, people started chasing our car telling us we have to pay, which is false, it is a public place so nobody owns it. We decided to pretend we didnt speak Malgasy or French or English to see if they would go away. They happened to know that we were missionaries therefore are very good at malagasy. So they finally said ok, you can pay when you leave and we said, no. But when we finally left, they were waiting for us. They "closed the gate" meaning there was a large stick that they had made into a gate blocking the road. They were being really annoying, and so we eventually just paid a little of money and left. It was annoying though, because they just scam people to try and earn some quick easy money, without actually working and doing anything. I have no problem giving money to people that work, but people who scam, its a little annoying. I bought some nice rocks today form some people that sell rocks, and I was more than happy to give them money for their work. But God's creations are great and wonderful, even when mankind intervens a little.

This week was a good working week. The numbers were down a little, but this upcoming Saturday we have 3 bpatisms that we are very excited about. We also have a tree planting acitivity, which should be fun to do with our branch.

My branch has set a goal for church attendance at 180 average attendance by the end of June. The average for January was 139. The average for Feburary however was 147. And they are committed to keep it increasing every week and every month to reach the goal. They are trying to reach it though home teaching, visiting teaching, and new investigators. We are working hard to try and help with that goal, but we will see as we continue in work.

Transfers are coming up next week with transfer news this next Sunday. You can expect an update about this next time next week. I hope that I stay in this area and work more, but you never know, and if my pattern holds true, then I will leave this transfer. But it is the Lords plan and his will that we are completing. 

Until next week.
Elder Weber


No comments:

Post a Comment