Elder Scott Weber's mission to Madagascar. Check back for weekly emails and pictures of Madagascar!

Alma 26:12 - Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

Sunday, February 2, 2014

The end of January

January 27th Letter



It is hard to think that the end of January is already here. By next week it will Feburary.

If my record keeps going as it currently is, in about 6 weeks I will be transferred. So far I have not stayed more than 2 transfers in any area, and we will see if that changes. Its the Lord's plan, so ifc he needs me to work a lot of different areas, that is great, but if he wants me to stay here more, that is great as well. We shall see what happens. 

So this week was a good week. It started a little slow,but with Elder Connault leaving that is what was expected. We had some goodbye soirees for him, and sent him on his way bright and early Thursday morning. But I would like to give you guys a little insight into the way of traveling between provinces.

When you go to different provinces we take what are called "Taxi-brusses" They are for traveling longer distances. What happens normally, is you show up to the station. As you show up, people start attacking you. The reason why is each driver has to fight when people show up to try and get them to go into their brusse. So when we showed up on Thursday morning, people were yelling and trying to get us to go with them. The price is normally all the same, but the catch is, they have to stay there and wait until the whole brusse is full in order to leave, so you try and get one that is already partially full. But also if you want, you can request a certain seat, so if you get on one that is almost completely full, then you get a middle seat, which does not look like much fun. They pack all of the luggage on top of the bus, and then when it is all ready to go, then they leave. So depending on situations it can be a little long when trying to get a bus. 

Also this week one of our member helps left. He left to go to Tana for a little while to go to school and prepare for his mission. We had an awesome day together before he left. He was helping us, but it was raining, so we all ended up completely soaked. The paths were terrible and slippery so we were going everywhere with the bikes, almost falling so many different times. It was a lot of fun. He then left on Saturday to go up to Tana. 

This week at church we had 14 investigators come to church, and we really need to start figuring out the problems for a lot of investigators. A lot of them come sometimes, but sometimes isn't enough, it would be nice if they showed they would continue down the path after their baptisms. 

Also at church, I was asked to teach Elders Quorom about Home Teaching. I used President Monson's talk from last conference during the priesthood session. The problem with using that talk is that I had to translate the parts I wanted, because we still haven't received the Liahonas (foreign form of the Ensign magazine) from last conference. Hopefully we should get them before we get to the next conference. 

Attached are some pictures from the baptisms a few weeks ago. In other email will be some other great pictures, member help, and any others I find.

Until February,
Elder Weber

No comments:

Post a Comment