Elder Scott Weber's mission to Madagascar. Check back for weekly emails and pictures of Madagascar!

Alma 26:12 - Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

10 Weeks of Serving



This week is the 10th week of my mission which is crazy to think about!!
There will be no pictures this week because I forgot my card reader, my mistake. Otherwise I have so many pictures to send.
If you haven't sent my package yet a couple of pointers. There was recently a package that made it here in 2.5 weeks which is crazy. Average is about a month or more. Pictures or stickers of Christ on the outside is the norm for a lot of the packages that other people send here. Its going to be expensive which you probably knew already. If there is room, if you want to throw in drink mixes, those are great because they don't have many here and water gets old and juice gets expensive. Also something that would be nice is if at some point you want to get a bunch of music and stick it on a thumbdrive or on a SD card, I can copy from it for music, and we also have DVD players that play music on SD cards or USBs, and every companionship has them. It seems like the rule with music is generally church related/use your judgement. So whatevers clever.
This week I got my books that I got bound, and they look nice. Picture to come later. My companions tell me to stop comparing prices because I will either decide to blow all of my personal fund or I will get ripped off because I will think it is a good price, but it is actually cheaper. Prices are pretty racist here. Some of the zoos, going next week hopefully, charge a vahaza price and a resident price. and the difference is like twice as expensive. When President was looking at new apartments, some malagasies looked at it and got a price of like 900,000 ariary a month, and then the APs went and got a different, higher, price like 1,200,000 and then President Adams went a got an even higher price like 1,400,000. Just because of who was talking to them. Its the same everywhere. Today we got ripped off on the taxi be on the way to cyber. It should have been 300, it is every week, but this week it was 400 for us. And everyone on the taxi be agreed with us that he ripped us off, and he knew it. Yes for you doing the math that is a difference of 100 ariary which is 5 cents, but still, we got a little angry. When I send pictures I am going to play guess the price of some different items, I think it is so fascinating!!

I will probably actually write a bit more later. but if something happens best of luck this week.
Elder Weber

Mom note: We received this email pretty early in the day.  The photos and email message that will follow this were received significantly later in the day. I added several apostrophes to improve readability.  I'm guessing it is a key that is hard to find on the French keyboards that he is using.

No comments:

Post a Comment