Elder Scott Weber's mission to Madagascar. Check back for weekly emails and pictures of Madagascar!

Alma 26:12 - Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

Monday, July 15, 2013

The week that flew by



I know that I am going to run out of interesting titles real quick. This week was good. I will start with answers to questions.
My suitcases survived well on the trip and everyone actually got their suitcases right when we arrived. They held up well and I was quite surprised.
We have all of the equipment for the kitchen, measuring spoons and it all.
Can I get Yogurt - yes
Baking powder and Baking soda - yes
Cheese - almost all that I have seen is french, I am going to look at shoprite today for other stuff
Eggs - yes
Our branch generally has about 60 people there and the goal of the mission right now is to strengthen the current areas and hopefully eventually get a temple. We meet in a way nice building, but by the time we get about 90 people we will be too big for the building.
We are currently teaching a good number of people. We have one bap date set for September her husband is a member. We are teaching a lot of hopefuls. The one awesome family we just started teaching is really progressing a lot. We are really hopeful for them. My branch has only seen one baptism this whole year which is kinda depressing. We have four missionaries now working in our branch.
Malagasy is coming, but not as nicely as I would like. I am understanding quite a lot already. People understand me very well when I speak. When I know the words that I am saying, I am super clear and everyone understands what I say. I just need to speak more, which is a shocker to all of you. I love my companion but when we get into a lesson he just takes off and sometimes it is hard for me to speak up.
I am trying to send pictures so this email is going to be a little short.
Lots of love!!
Elder Weber

No comments:

Post a Comment